I make my own foaming hand soap and it is really easy ! Simply buy a bottle to re-use over and over again or re-purpose on old foaming pump bottle. In my low tox journey I have been looking at ingredients and trying to avoid
- skin irritants- think SLS
- endocrine disruptors-triclosan- an anti-bacterial agent ( banned in the US but not in Australia for personal use), synthetic fragrance i.e phthalates, parfum
- cheap preservatives- parabens, also a known endocrine disruptor which have other health concerns too.
With just a few ingredients you can make your own
Foaming Hand Soap
Here is what you will need
- Dr Bronne’s Castille Soap- I buy mine at Nourished life
- Essential Oils of Choice- I like Thieves or Purification, from Young Living
- Olive or Almond oil
- Foaming hand soap container: try here, or here (pictured)
Fill soap pump 1/4 full with Castille Soap.
Add 1 tsp Olive or v6 (this is optional but provides great moisturing). Next add essential oils- for 250mls I use 10-15 drops. Swirl to combine.
Top with water leaving enough room at the top to attach the pump. If you like a thick lather increase the amount of castille soap.
This is seriously easy, will take you less than 5 minutes and you can even teach your kids to do it and better still they won’t be using toxins on their skin!
If DIY is not your thing, Thieves Foaming hand soap is ready to go smells delicious and will nourish your hands without the toxins. It can be purchased from Young Living as part of the Healthy Home Premium Starter Kit here
If you want to learn more about what is in your products I recommend the Chemical Maze app. You can buy the book or download the App.
Interested in the Healthy Home Premium Starter Kit and would like some more information, please send your inquiry below